Urgent! Aquaculture worker jobs in Canada (NOC 8613)
Finding a job in the aquaculture industry in Canada can be a great opportunity for foreigners looking to start a new career. There are many different types of aquaculture worker jobs available, from farm workers to fish hatchery workers. With the right qualifications and a bit of experience, you can find a job that suits your skills and interests.
Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. Our company’s success is driven by our dynamic, highly-skilled and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area’s economy and sense of community.
Aquaculture worker jobs in Hermitage, NL – Job details
|Cold Ocean Salmon Inc.
|$17.11 to $18.01 hourly for 80 to 100 hours bi-weekly
|Day, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning
|Health benefits, Long term benefits
|as soon as possible
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
Work site environment
- In/on water
- Fish farm
- Feed aquaculture stock
- Cull, mark or tag stock and report stock irregularities
- Operate, maintain and clean pumps, filters and other aquaculture equipment
- Clean and maintain aquaculture enclosures
- Assist aquaculture technicians in the operation of fish hatcheries or other aquatic farms
- Grade and weigh aquaculture stocks
- Repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
Experience and specialization
Type of aquaculture operations
- Aquaculture — salmon
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to apply
Interested in joining our team? Please review the opportunities in the links below.
Apply Also: Latest Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.