Urgent! Fish Processing Labourer jobs in Prince Rupert, BC (NOC 9618)
Fish processing labourers are in high demand in Canada due to the large fishing industry in the country. These workers typically work in factories and processing plants, where they clean, scale, gut and package fish for sale.
Working as a fish processing labourer can be a physically demanding job, as workers are often required to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy boxes of fish. However, it can also be a very rewarding job, as it offers workers the opportunity to be involved in the fishing industry and to work with fresh, delicious seafood.
If you’re interested in working as a fish processing labourer in Canada, there are a few things you should know. First, most employers will require you to have a high school diploma or equivalent. Second, you will need to be able to pass a criminal background check, as this job does involve working with food. Finally, you will need to be able to lift heavy boxes of fish and stand for long periods of time.
|D & N SEAFOOD LTD
|Prince Rupert, BC
|$15.65 hourly for 40 hours per week
|Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
|Starts as soon as possible
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area
- Transport fish and shellfish to work area
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Sort fish according to species, weight and destination
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
How to apply
Apply Also: Latest Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.