Greenhouse worker jobs in Canada (NOC 85103) | Urgent Hiring 2023
Greenhouse workers in Canada are responsible for planting, maintaining, and harvesting plants in greenhouses. They work under the supervision of a greenhouse supervisor or manager and are an essential part of the agricultural industry.
The National Occupation Classification (NOC) code for greenhouse workers in Canada is 85103. According to the NOC, greenhouse workers perform the following duties:
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, irrigate, and harvest plants
- Maintain greenhouse equipment and facilities
- Monitor plant growth and report any issues to the supervisor
- Apply pesticides and herbicides as directed by the supervisor
- Pack and prepare products for shipping
- Clean and maintain the work area
To work as a greenhouse worker in Canada, you typically need a high school diploma or equivalent. Some employers may require previous experience in a greenhouse or agricultural work, while others offer on-the-job training.
Greenhouse worker jobs are available throughout Canada, with a higher concentration in provinces like Ontario, British Columbia, and Alberta. These jobs may be seasonal or year-round, depending on the type of crops grown in the greenhouse.
In terms of salary, greenhouse workers in Canada typically earn between $14 to $25 per hour, depending on their experience and location.
If you’re interested in finding Greenhouse worker jobs in Canada for foreigners, Here are some of the best opportunities for foreigners right now!
Greenhouse worker jobs in Aldergrove, BC – Apply Now 2023 – Job details
|Canadian Valley Growers Ltd.
|$15.65 hourly for 40 hours per week
|as soon as possible
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants
- Mix and prepare soils
- Plant bulbs and seeds
- Pot and re-pot plants
- Transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings
- Apply fertilizers
- Report signs of insect or disease damage
- Assist in grafting activities
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Clean work area
- Client focus
- Team player
Who can apply for this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply