Long haul truck driver jobs in Canada for foreigners (NOC 73300) | Urgent Hiring 2023
Long haul truck driving jobs in Canada can be a great opportunity for foreigners seeking employment in the transportation industry. As a long haul truck driver, you’ll be responsible for driving heavy goods vehicles across long distances, often spanning multiple provinces or even countries.
In Canada, the demand for long haul truck drivers is consistently high due to the country’s vast size and extensive transportation networks. This means that there are often plenty of job opportunities available for those looking to enter the industry.
However, it’s worth noting that long haul truck driving can be a demanding job that requires a lot of time on the road. Drivers are often away from home for extended periods and may be required to work irregular hours. In addition, the job can be physically and mentally exhausting, as drivers need to be alert and focused while driving for hours on end.
To work as a long haul truck driver in Canada, foreigners will need to obtain the necessary permits and licenses. This may involve completing a training program and passing a series of exams to demonstrate their knowledge of Canadian road rules and regulations.
Despite the challenges of the job, many long haul truck drivers in Canada find it to be a rewarding and fulfilling career. The opportunity to see different parts of the country and experience new cultures is a major draw for many, and the potential for high earnings can make it a financially lucrative choice.
Overall, long haul truck driving jobs in Canada can be an excellent choice for foreigners seeking employment in the transportation industry. With a bit of training and hard work, it’s possible to build a successful and rewarding career on the open road.
If you’re interested in finding Long haul truck driver jobs in Canada for foreigners, Here are some of the best opportunities for foreigners right now!
Long haul truck driver jobs in Calgary, AB – Job details
|KSB TRUCKING INC
|$31.00 hourly 35 to 40 hours per week
|Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, To be determined, Morning
|as soon as possible
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Load and unload goods
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Defensive Driving Course
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
- Professional Driver Improvement Certificate
Experience and specialization
- Accident or incident reports
- Bill of lading
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Maintenance and repair reports
- Trans-border documentation
- Trip reports
Type of trucking and equipment
Communication systems experience
- Citizens band (CB) radio
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- Trip recorder (on-board computer)
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Valid driver’s licence
- Willing to travel cross-border
- Willing to travel overnight
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Large workload
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply