Urgent! Long haul truck driver jobs in Calgary, AB (NOC 7511)
Long haul truck driver jobs in Canada are some of the most popular positions for foreigners looking to work in the country. There are many reasons why these jobs are so popular, but chief among them is the fact that they offer a great way to see the country while earning a good wage.
Of course, like any job, there are some downsides to being a long haul truck driver. For instance, the hours can be long and the work can be physically demanding. But for many people, these are outweighed by the positives of the job.
If you’re thinking of applying for a long haul truck driver job in Canada, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you’ll need to have a valid driver’s license from your home country. You’ll also need to be proficient in English, as most jobs will require you to communicate with dispatch and other drivers.
If you’re interested in finding a Long haul truck driver job in Canada, Here are some of the best opportunities for foreigners right now!
Long haul truck driver jobs in Canada – Job details
|GRH TRANSPORT SERVICES LTD
|$28.85 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
|as soon as possible
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Various locations
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Load and unload goods
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Oversee the condition of the vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment
- Perform brake adjustments
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspections and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance traveled, and fuel consumption
Certificates, licenses, memberships, and courses
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
Experience and specialization
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
Type of trucking and equipment
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Learning/training paid by the employer
How to apply